Many guitarists are perceived as creative, edgy, impulsive and non-conformist.
However, when it comes to the instruments that they own and cherish they are very much conformist and conservative (that’s with a small c) and are only happy when playing a vintage or first issue instrument.
It is with this ethos that I follow most acoustic guitar making construction styles and traditions.
All my instruments are made to order from the finest materials available in a variety of styles.
Here are a few examples of my fine acoustic guitars.
Click image for more photos
• Select Engelmann spruce
• East Indian Rosewood back and sides
• White bindings
• Circle or Mosaic Rosette (shown)
• Herringbone wood purfling
• Herringbone wood back strip
• Scalloped bracing
• Honduran Mahogany neck
• Bound fingerboard and Headstock
• Santos Rosewood Headstock veneer
• Open-book Headstock shape
• G Parker inlayed signature Headstock logo
• Ebony fingerboard and bridge
• Diamond fingerboard inlays
• Fully adjustable truss rod
• Bone nut and drop-in compensated saddle
• Ebony bridge pins
• Nickel Schaller tuners
• Black or ITS Scratchplate (optional)
• High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
Construction video diary here…
Cedar Top Acoustic
- Cedar Top with Rosewood Back and Sides.
- Ebony Fingerboard and Bridge
- Rosewood Head with Schaller Machine Heads
Rosewood Back and Sides (still in the workshop stage)
- Jumbo Venetian Cutaway 4-Piece Rosewood Back and Rosewood Sides
- Spruce Top
- Ebony Fingerboard