- Ensure that the string’s ball end is located firmly between the bridge pin and internal bridge plate.
- Place your hand inside the soundhole and feel for the ball and pin.
- Cut the string 4 – 5 cm over length, this will produce 2 – 3 winds around the machine head post.
- As the string is tightened, pull the string back gently.
- Tug on the string as it is being tightened.
- Once the string is tightened and tuned to concert pitch, gently stretch the string and retune until it holds it’s tuning.